3/02/2013

Cornflower Blue.

Dress: c/o eShakti
Shoes: Ross, $15

I first came across eShakti while blog hopping several months ago. Once I started navigating their website, I loved the fact that they customize all of their dresses for free. I'm not an exceptionally tall girl at nearly 5'6", but for some reason, most dresses I find fall just a little too short to be church or office appropriate. And I'm at the church or the office 5 days a week, so appropriateness is key in my life!

eShakti has many lovely pieces, but from the first time I saw their website, this dress caught my eye immediately:


I love this shade of blue. Like, absolutely adore it. And though vintage dresses aren't usually my thing, I love a sweetheart neckline and I love stripes! So when eShakti offered to send me an item, I knew this was my chance to see this lovely dress for myself.

And for the most part, I'm pleased. Though they offered customization (like exact waist/bust/hip measurements, sleeve type, dress length, etc.), I ordered a standard size 4 because it seemed to be within a 1/2 inch of all of my measurements. Except, apparently, the bust. Which I don't think I've ever measured mine before (because it would just be a sad, sad little number), so i just ignored that part of the measurements, figuring, how big could a size 4 bust be?

Apparently, very big. 

As you can see in some of these photos, the bust in this dress just hangs off of me. And actually, the waist isn't super tight either and I probably would've been safer in a 2. But who's fault is all of this? Mine.

The only thing I wasn't thrilled about was the fact that this dress looked like it had a less full skirt in the photo on the website (which I don't even see this dress offered anymore, but this is a similar one). Part of me feels like I ought'a be holding a pie and tying my hair up in a bandanna. Though I can hardly say that feeling is a bad one... ;)


Either way, I can't get away from how much I love the color, the stripes & the neckline of this dress. I definitely recommend eShakti to anyone who struggles finding a good fit in dresses sold in stores. Can't beat free customization! 

And by the way, when you use the code LYNETTEMRE by 3/10/13, you get 20% off your order!


21 comments:

  1. I agree. You look great in everything that I've seen you in. It all looks good on you. You have good taste.

    hope your weekend is vibrant and colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did custom measurements and it was still roomier than I normally wear, it looks nice on you in the pictures and isn't noticibly big. The blue is great on you too!
    Ginny
    mynewfavoriteoutfit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cornflower blue-definitely one of my favorites! This dress looks awesome on you girl!

    XO, Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute dress! I love how you can customize on their site. I'm just waiting to need a dress to order from them, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a fun dress, such a good pick! The colors look great on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that shade of blue on you - you look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i bet your hubby LOVES this dress on you. blue, stipes, and a perfect neckline? sold. my eShakti dress fits pretty big in the bust too, and i ordered a 2, so next time i'll definitely customize it and size down in the chest.

    i'm pretty sure your next post in this dress has to include a bandana and a pie. or at least a picnic. so darn cute.
    xo nicole
    writeslikeagirlblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO cute, Lynette! That dress looks amazing on you! :)

    -Jenna Brianne
    wearablefunfashion.blogpot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH my Lynette, that corn blue is so flattering with your blue eyes and blonde hair and that dress just fits you like a glove, love it so much. You are such a pretty lady :-)
    I am having a link up on my series and old flame never dies tomorrow, would love to see you with your oldies but goodies look too :-). Infos are on my recent post :-)

    ani
    www.fleurani.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is a really pretty dress, lynette! this color looks great on you. the dresses i've ordered from eshakti have really full skirts too, it takes a little getting used to.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! I love it. The neckline on that dress is gorgeous. I've ordered two things from eShakti before, and have found them to be pretty nice. I love that both of the dresses I own from there have pockets!! Also, I'm dying for those wedges. Sooo pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that color on you - so pretty! I totally had my eye on that one, too. :)

    www.seemomogo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. BEAUTIFUL COLOR!! Love the stripes as well. Cute dress.
    -Bree @ aBree Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look so pretty in that dress! I actually like how it is puffy in the bottom. Such a lovely nautical dress xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love eshakti! They have a lot of different things to choose from and I love (like you said) the fact that they have longer skirts/dresses that I feel like I can actually wear to work/church! This is a gorgeous dress and the blue looks amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this look! I agree you could have sized down, but it is all good, still you look fab in stripes! Maybe you can get it taken in a bit!

    Xo Chelsea
    http://shesaidhesaid-fashion.blogspot.com/?m=0

    ReplyDelete
  18. YOU ARE ADORABLE! I want your clothes:)

    New follower:)

    Elise @ Hunters of Happiness

    ReplyDelete
  19. That blue color looks gorgeous on you!
    You picked a winner.

    ReplyDelete