3/20/2013

Black & Blue





Jacket: Old Navy, $17
Top: H&M, $17
Skirt: Charlotte Russe, $16
Shoes: Shoedazzle, gifted
Sunglasses: Clothes Mentor, $6

I've had these shoes since December but this past Sunday was the first time I'd worn them out of the house. A woman at church gave them to me because they were "too high for her". I chuckled to myself at the time and thought, no shoe is too high for me! But I may have met my match with this nearly-six-inch heel. I got through about 3-4 hours of the day (which mostly consisted of sitting at church) before they started to hurt, but when they did, I basically had to have Matt carry me through the rest of our day (which consisted of couch-shopping... you know it's bad when your feet hurt too much to shop!).

At least they're cute! Up close they're kind of cheap-looking (sorry, Shoedazzle, you just don't impress me quality-wise), but I must've gotten stopped by over a dozen woman throughout the course of the day, commenting on my shoes. One of which practically ran out of a kitchen at a restaurant to oogle at my shoes. We shared a special moment over our shared love for heels. It was a beautiful moment.

Anyway, sorry I've been slightly M.I.A. lately and unable to comment on most of your posts. I'm working on a little something lately (which I will reveal in time; it's not really blog-related but it is life related, and I can get so over-share-y sometimes, yeah?), so it's been tough keeping up with all of my blog pals, but I'm tryna to find some time this week! 'Cause I like you guys. And I hope you like me too. :)

PS: If I've not convinced that high heels are the bomb, please compare my legs in this post to my legs in this post. Kate gets it.

25 comments:

  1. Wow! Stunning shoes! If they hurt a heel lover, I probably wouldn't even be able to walk in them! Haha!! Gorgeous outfit!!

    ClassyInAClassroom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing! The heel heigh would be a little intimidating for all day, but perfect for a little bit, like you said.
    Hope things are ok, and I'm mailing your bracket tomorrow :)
    Ginny
    mynewfavoriteoutfit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous shoes! It's always the gorgeous ones that hurt! Love your outfit too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. holy. moly. I would fall over immediately after putting those shoes on. I can't believe you walk around in them like it's nothing! Teach me your ways, oh wise one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that jacket is beautiful! love the cobalt blue and black combo! its one my favorites too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I'm in love with those shoes! Hello, lover! Wonder if Shoe Dazzle still has them? Hmmmm...
    Shanna
    www.flipflopshanna.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, your legs are amazing. I'm embarrassed for thinking 3" heels were a challenge. I think I'll have to make it a challenge to see if I can wear heels at least once a week for a month. But first, to stalk your outfits some more. I'm with Fran on this one; teach us your ways, wise one :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah I think there's some fine line being drawn here between walking in high heels and walking on stilts. You go girl!! I'm amazed that your toes are still attached, especially if it's aaaaaanywhere near as cold there as it is here!

    Samantha @ Sam ipsa Loquitur

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute shoes Lynette! Rocking those like a champ!

    XO Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dang girl, those look really high. BUT SUPER AWESOME. And what a nice friend to give those to you. Can you ask her if she has any more shoes to get rid of?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those shoes were given to you. And I believe it was fate. LOL. It goes with so outfit so perfectly! I love heels too, but I can walk in them for the life of me! It so sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah i admire your ability to wear heels on a daily basis. In my mind I put together outfits that will look lovely with heels...but then it never seems to happen and I always end up having to wear flats. I work in London and the commute on the tube is just not heel friendly! So I have many a pair sitting sadly in my wardrobe. I might take some inspiration from you next week though and wear some heels to work :) I'll just make sure I pack some commuter-friendly flats too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, stunning outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another great outfit :) I wore a pair of sky-highers yesterday I couldn’t WAIT to get home & take them off! I am much comfier in my 4" heels today :)

    welshgirlstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Get it, girl! Those shoes are AMAZE! But WOW I could NOT ROCK A 5IN HEEL! I swear I stumble when they're 3.5. :)

    xo
    P.S. Check out my spring beauty giveaway on See Mo Go.!

    ReplyDelete
  16. so funny, Kate does get it. Like I said before love you in flats and heels. These heels, super high good but I agree these heels in particular look a little cheap. (not to be rude) I have a few pairs that I bought, some don't look as cheap, and most are comfortable. I love the buckle though. Love how your coat covers your skirt so you only get to see a little bit of the blue color, it makes it sexy and daring. Great look as usual, and hey the more photos you do outside possibly the more sun you get, which is what you wanted, so its a win win! :) Love ya Lynette! (all above said with love, hope you know that!)

    XO Chelsea
    http://shesaidhesaid-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. They are fabulous! My mom has never met a heel she didn't like. She's not even 5'1" so that's her excuse. I think she just likes the sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a great look! I love your trench coat, can't believe it was only $17! And on a normal day I wouldn't walk around in heels this tall... 4 inches does it for me on a work or any other day :) I would wear these out though, they are super cute! And yay for free shoes! I have never ordered from ShoeDazzle, but I have from JustFab, some shoes have been really quality and some look cheap close up, so I kinda know what you mean :) Oh and love these sunglasses too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Unos zapatos preciosos!!
    Saludos
    http://judithbysucre.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh GOD. Just looking at those heels makes my feet hurt! You are rocking them like it's nothing, though. I can't understand how you do it :) I love your outfit, by the way. Cobalt and black looks so snappy together!

    I hope all is well in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  21. that electric blue is perfect!

    www.trendinginfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sorry to hear that they hurt you, but they are so fabulous and chic! Lovely shoes!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stunning shoes!!
    x Kirsty
    http://geelongfashionista.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete