A lot of you have commented on and asked about my makeup, so I decided to post about the products I use on a daily basis. It's a mix of drugstore and high-end products, and just a collaboration of things that work the best for me! As much as I love high end makeup, if I can find a drugstore product that works well, I will not waste my money on a high end product. And I definitely think that a girl can get by on all drugstore products. But these are my personal favorites. Let me know if you have any questions. I love talking beauty!
1. Clark's Botanicals Smoothing Marine Cream. I apply a moisturizer first! I typically only use moisturizer in the winter months when my skin is dry (it's quite oily in the summer). I got this in my Birchbox last month, and it does the trick.
2. Benefit Cosmetics the Porefessional Primer. I then apply a primer. Almost always. Primer makes my makeup last longer, but it also makes my foundation go on so much more smoothly.
3. Revlon Colorstay Foundation for Oily/Comb. Skin. My Holy Grail foundation. This is almost completely full coverage and looks natural on my skin. I just apply this with my fingers, focusing on areas of redness (my cheeks and around my nose).
4. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer. Since my foundation is such good coverage, I don't usually need to use a concealer anywhere except for under my eyes. I love this stuff because it's thin, doesn't crease and is the perfect consistency for an under-eye concealer.
5. Make Up For Ever HD Microfinish Powder. I apply this powder to set my makeup, and I love it because it's the travel size and it's still lasted me forever. And it seems to minimize my pores a bit. That little baby brush is an E.l.f. powder brush with the handle broken off. Whoops.
6. ELF Studio Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder. I love the blush side of this, but lately I only use the bronzer side for contouring. I apply this around my temples and under my cheekbones. I want a less red, muddy looking color but for now, this is getting the job done.
7. NARS Foreplay Blush Palette. My beloved NARS blush palette. I use one of the three blush colors as a blush, and still don't really use the highlighter unless I'm going somewhere fancy. And I don't really ever go anywhere fancy. So I don't use it.
8. That's a Stila brush and an ELF brush which I use for bronzer & blush. Both get the job done. I really highly recommend E.l.f. brushes, especially from their Studio line. They're very well made!
9. Milani Brow Fix Kit. Filling in my brows is a MUST. I'm still using this Milani brow kit, pretty much just the color in the middle, with the brush pictured here (which is just an Essence brush from Ulta).
10. Brow gel is another must! My brows are like crazy wild foxes that go all over if they're not tamed with brow gel. This also helps me shape my brows. This gel is just a drugstore no-name brand I found at a grocery store. It works! And that brush is a brush from Essence.
11. Lorac Behind The Scenes Eye Primer. Eye primer: another must. If I don't put this on my lids, my makeup will crease for sure. This stuff came with my Lorac Pro Palette and works very well. I just apply it all over my eyelid and up to my brows.
12. Lorac Pro Palette. I've never tried the Naked Palette, but I don't know if I'll ever get around to trying it now that I've got this Lorac Pro Palette. The top row of shadows are all matte, and the bottom row are shimmery. As you can see, they've got just about every neutral color you get ever want, including both warm and cool tones. I use the shades "nude", "pewter", "black" and "white" on an every day basis, but I will switch it up sometimes just for fun!
13. Brushes: That top brush is an eyeshadow brush from Stila, the middle brush is a crease brush from Target, and the bottom one is a more detailed crease brush from Essence. I have a few more brushes I bring in if I'm doing anything crazy or different, but these are the brushes I use on a daily basis. I usually brush "nude" across my lid with the Stila brush, "pewter" in my crease with the Target brush, "black" on the outer corner of my eyes with the Essence brush, and a touch of "white" as a highlighter under the arch of my brow with the Stila brush.
14 & 15. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil and Milani Eye Tech Liquid Eyeliner. I use the Milani eyeliner pen (which is kind of like an eyeliner marker) to do the liner on my top lash line (the precise tip helps with winging it out!). But marker-style liquid eyeliners don't work well for me on my lower lash line because it doesn't dry fast enough and runs in my eyes, so I use the Urban Decay pencil liner for my lower lash line. I love it because it literally lasts ALL DAY LONG (what kind of pencil liner does that?!).
16. Maybelline Rocket Volum Mascara. Last but not least, I put about two coats of this mascara by Maybelline on my upper lashes and a tiny coat on my bottom lashes.
What products do you ladies use most? Anything you recommend?