It's that time again, people! Linking up with Lauren from From My Grey Desk Blog. Highlights of my week:
1. This past Sunday I was in a Christmas concert at my church. It was a blast! One thing I've not really mentioned on the blog is that I sing on the praise and worship team at my church, and I love it!
2. By day 4 of not washing my hair, all my hair is willing to do is this: sock bun. I'm getting better 'n better at it daily. I think. At least you can't see the sock this time..
3. 25 calorie hot chocolate and all the mini marshmallows you could dream of?! YES, YES, YES! My favorite way to "indulge" on my FAVORITE holiday treat as of lately!
4. After giving Rue 21 a little bit of a bad rap in this post recently, I decided to stop by there this week and see if they had anything that drew my eye. Guys, I got a pair of boots, a cowl neck scarf, a necklace, a watch, a bracelet and two pairs of earrings for under $50. Rue 21, you have formed a loyal fan. I cannot stop.
5. In attempts to fight back the typical holiday weight gain, I've been trying to step up my game at the gym. Which means the treadmill. What else were you thinking? I love working out, but timing my miles has never really been my thing. Until tonight. When my first mile was 14 1/2 minutes. And I threatened myself that I was going to post this on the blog, so my next mile better be good. Hence, the next mile: an 11 1/2 minute mile. Nothing keeps you accountable like posting all your biz on the Internetz!
Anyone else trying to fight off the inevitable holiday weight gain? I was starving after my workout today (I burned over 600 calories!), so I came home and my husband cooked this high-protein/low-carb meal for me:
Broccoli with cheese sauce, scrambled eggs & turkey bacon.
Weird dinner? Maybe. Under 400 calories, nutritious and delicious? Yes, yes, and yes.