12/10/2012

A review: ShoeDazzle!

I'm sure many of you are familiar with the online shoe boutiques popping up everywhere and having really suggestive commercials on TV: Sole Society, Just Fab, and ShoeDazzle, just to name a few. They all seem to be rather similar in regards to the service they provide: you take some sort of quiz to figure out your "style" and they offer you shoes that they think fit your taste. I've joined all three sites, just because I could, but never purchased anything from them until recently:

Sorry for the poor quality of photos, these were taken at night when I got home from work!



I was working on Black Friday, which was definitely for the best, but the following day, ShoeDazzle was still having some crazy sales. They'd given me a $10 credit, and were offering these particular shoes for 60% off. So in the end, including shipping, I would be paying $10.52 for a pair of heels. I don't ever say no to $10.52 heels. Even if they're a slightly horrific shade of bright neon yellow, as you will see.

I put my order in for these Saturday 11/24 and they did not arrive til nearly two weeks later, on Friday 12/7. I didn't even get a confirmation for my order until Wednesday night, four days after I ordered, which I assume is because of Black Friday craziness, but still made me kind of nervous. But they made it to me!


Inside the box was a pink fabric storage bag. Kind of a nice extra!



The good:
They are a great shape and don't look particularly cheap, in my opinion. I love the gold plated heel. I'm not sure what I'll wear them with, but I'm sure they'll add a great pop of color to an outfit. Besides, what else is Pinterest for if not for figuring out how to wear your strangely colored clothing?


The bad:
They suggested ordering a size up. I wasn't sure if that meant literally the next size or a full size up.I'm usually an 8, sometimes a 7.5, so I went with an 8.5. Not my best choice. They fit but could definitely be on the brink of blister-causing. However, I am quite a heel-wearing champ and have suffered with the best of them just to look cute. Vain? Maybe. Something I consider a super power? Yes. My feet may blister, but I will wear these dang heels!

The ugly:
The yellow suede part of the shoe seems really questionable. Like if you maybe breathed on it, it would scuff terribly. The shoe actually even had a scuff mark on the toe, which I'm not happy about. And I'm not sure what my plan is once they get even a single streak of dirt on them. Anyone know how to keep yellow faux-suede clean...?


I'd try to exchange them for a size up and no scuffs, but I just don't feel like dealing with it, and I have low standards for $10 shoes, and they were final sale. Had I purchased these at full price ($39.95), I would probably be a little disappointed. I'd definitely exchange them for the next size up and mention the scuff mark. But, these were final sale, so I'll beat my feet into submission and wear these shoes. Do you guys have any suggestions as to how to style them? Let me know in the comments below! They are seriously bright, and I'm not sure I'd dare to wear them in winter!


Anyone else have any experiences with ShoeDazzle, Just Fab or any other shoe service? Let me know!

19 comments:

  1. Bummer about the scuff, it would probably make me think twice about ordering again. As for styling, I think it'd be cute with this outfit :)
    http://lynettemarieh.blogspot.com/2012/11/sailor.html

    Ginny
    mynewfavoriteoutfit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha that's funny you say that, because I took photos a day or two ago of me wearing basically that outfit with my new shoes. Great minds think alike ;)

      Delete
    2. Which I'll be posting soon! :)

      Delete
  2. I would wear them with a floral dress in the spring, they may blend in a bit better if its a pattern of some sort! They are cute, and I can definitely see you wearing them!
    Jamie
    www.thingsinyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've been thinking about wearing them with dresses as well. I don't have a floral print dress, but that's a good enough idea to inspire me to keep my eyes peeled for one this spring! :) Thanks, Jamie. :)

      Delete
  3. folding edges jeans & shoes..great combination!
    viamojo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think they look great with your jeans! The gold heel makes the yellow way more sophisticated. Bummer about the scuff, but order some suede waterproofing suede before you wear them out for sure! I got mine on Amazon. You can't protect suede forever, but you can try :)

    Samantha @ Sam ipsa loquitur

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I thought the gold heel took them from "obnoxious" to "bearable" :) I'll have to try that stuff out though! I usually just decide to bite the bullet when I buy suede shoes, knowing that they'll be trashed pretty soon. But I'll look that stuff up! :)

      Delete
  5. Great review! I also bought a couple pairs around Black Friday! I was impressed at what I got for the $$ I spent. I defiantly would not ever buy them at the full price but 2 pairs for around $25?! Heck ya! :P

    Kristine
    www.pugglewearsprada.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean, $40 is not a TON for shoes by any men, but when I can't check them out and what I do order has scuffs on it? I'm reluctant to order again unless another awesome deal comes around. And remind me not to order any light colored suede... Haha...;)

      Delete
  6. The shoes are cute and you're right they're a great shape. In the spring/summer they'd be cute with a white summer dress. But I do really like them with the outfit you're wearing. For the blister issue I'd suggest Avon's Anti-Rub Blister Stick, it's saved my feet on more than one occasion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of that stuff before, but thanks! I'll look into it.

      Delete
  7. I love the shoes, especially for 10 dollars. I think they would look good with blue, but I could also see them with something purple. Maybe some colored denim? And, you are not alone. I am the queen of blisters. My husband doesn't understand why I keep wearing my blister-causing shoes. Beauty is pain! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have some neon yellow heels and one of my favourite outfits with them is dark jeans, teal fancy t-shirt (edged sleeves and cowl neck) and a skinny yellow belt. Have also worn them with dark jeans and dressy dark-coloured tops. Black pencil skirt, bright blue skinny belt, yellow tank top tucked in, blue bangles. I really like them contrasting with something dark, and then other colours that compliment well are turquoise, teal, purple, and red. Ooh, have also done red skirt, yellow belt, navy top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you! Those are all seriously good ideas. I pretty much run into the brick wall of "jeans and a blazer" when I look at these shoes, haha. Thank you! :)

      Delete
  9. I know what you mean about not feeling like dealing with it... especially at clearance price! The shoes are gorgeous, but I can't imagine trying to keep them clean!

    I order from JustFab and have been fairly happy with their service. I haven't gotten anything discount, the full $40 and there has only been one questionable pair of shoes that came with some scuffs, but I loved the color so much I just kept them. Recently I just got boots from JustFab and I was surprised at the quality... my bow booties are fabulous, no scuffs and gotten so many compliments and my other pair of black flat boots I thought for sure would be horrible in snow and ice. They are actually amazing and I have been wearing them everyday this week for that reason!

    I like to style my neon pumps with denim pieces (my dress or chambray shirt), leather leggings, skinny jeans, white blazer, black or white blouse. Basically keeping it simple to let them stand out! Or maybe pair with a bright pink blazer for extra color pops!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You share beautiful dresses and sandals with us. I like your post. I will try these sandals. This post is very helpful for us. Furthermore, If you need cleaning services then you should Click Here for more detail.

    ReplyDelete