Lauren at From My Grey Desk Blog does this brilliant thing each week called High Five for Friday, highlighting five little things that made her happy that week. One thing I'm always working on is looking at the bright side of things, no matter how bad things seem, so here we go! My five favorite little things of the week:
1. Holiday times means green and red everything, including cookies. This was my lunch and dinner on Wednesday. Don't look at me like that.
2. Holidays also mean ridiculous amounts of hot drinks. This is twice this week that co-workers have arrived to work with minty chocolatey drinks for me. Lord knows I never turn down free chocolate, and holiday calories don't count, right? Don't quote me on that.
3. Wearing these little booties nonstop. I spent 45 minutes trying to decide whether or not I wanted to pick these up at Forever 21 a few weeks ago, because they looked like "moon boots" to me (I don't understand my fashion logic any more than you might), but now I can't stop wearing them. With everything. I almost wore them into the shower this morning. Just kidding. But I did wear them for my morning work out.
4. My husband tried his hand at taking photos earlier this week, and I must say I'm pretty impressed with how they turned out! It's fun having your husband take your pictures. In 30 degree weather. By a body of freezing water.
5. Cats. Need I say more? Okay, I will. I stopped by my parents house yesterday to visit (and do laundry) and my two cats were all over me. This little sweetie is Meeko, and she's old but still a doll!